- WordPress Link: Simplr Registration Form Plugin
- API Documentation: Hooks and Filters in 1.5+
- Premium Version: Includes easy field creation and ReCaptcha spam protection.
Download and unzip the package. Upload the simplr_reg_page folder into your wp-content/plugins directory. Go to your plugins dashboard and click “Activate”.
To use this plugin simply employ the shortcode
[Register] on any WordPress post or page. The default role is “subscriber”. To apply another role to the registration simply use the the role parameter, for instance:
[Register role="editor"]. If you have created custom roles you may use them as well.
You can also use shortcode so specify a custom confirmation message for each form:
[Register role="teacher" message="Thank you for registering for my site. If you would like to encourage your students to register, please direct them to http://www.domain.com/students"]
Finally, you can specify emails to be notified when a new user is registered. By default site admins will receive notice but to notify others simply use the notify parameter:
[Register role="teacher" message="Thank you for registering for my site. If you would like to encourage your students to register, please direct them to http://www.domain.com/students" notify="email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org"]
Please feel free to suggest future options for this plugin in the comments. The current options are:
- Admin Email: Specify the FROM email you would like to use for the registration confirmation message.
- Confirmation Message: Customize the message you would like to appear in the confimation email.
- Style: Overrides the default stylesheet included with the plugin.