2.0 is here!!!
10.7.2009 – What’s new in OnStage Theme 2.0? Plenty. First, the theme now has options that allow you to choose a Light or Dark color scheme. The dark scheme is based on the original design, the light is all new. OnStage Theme for Actors is also easier than ever to set up. Simply install the theme and configure the theme from the options page. You can still use the NextGen Gallery Slide Show on the front page, but you no longer have to. You can simply paste in a link to the photo you want to show on the home page. Finally, OnStage Theme for Actors may be the first theme to incorporate PODS CMS Framework into a theme release. Included in the theme folder is a pod-package that can be imported into the the Pods CMS plugin to create a Youtube video gallery.
The theme is free to download, but I am happy to set it up for you for $200. If you are interested, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 708.289.3136.
- Unpack this archive in your wp-content/themes/ directory.
- Go to WP Theme Admin page and select Onstage theme
- Go to “Onstage Options” to configure theme.
HOME PAGE IMAGE
- Upload photo into WP media library.
- Copy photo link into space provided on OnStage Options page
SET UP BLOG PAGE
- Click “Add new page” from dashboard menu.
- Title the page “Blog” and select the template named “Blog Page Template”
USE NEXTGEN GALLERY SLIDE SHOW
- Install NEXTGEN GALLERY plugin.
- Create new gallery and make note of the ID number.
- Upload photos to gallery (images should be 680 x 400)
- Set up slideshow functionality by following instructions here: https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/installation/
- Go to “OnStage Options” page, select “yes” under use NEXTGEN option, and enter the Gallery ID # in the space provided.
USE VIDEO GALLERY
- Install Pods CMS Plugin via WP Plugin directory
- Open ‘pod-package.txt’ file in a text editor and copy text.
- Select “Package manager” from pods dashboard tab.
- Paste text into the space provided under the “import” tab.
- Add videos under the new “Videos” tab by pasting a full youtube link (i.e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbb2rKXIQu8) into the “YouTube Code” field.
Note: Make sure that you have enabled a custom permalink structure as part of the pods installation. Also, if you are installing into a directory other than the root directory, you may need to edit the .htaccess to make sure the redirects are going to the right directory.